Friday, December 16, 2011

New York City @ Christmas Time

My husband has never been to New York City before and it's been many years since I was last there, so I decided to ask my cousins Rachel & Brett if they wanted to spend the day there showing us around. Rachel worked & lived in Jersey City for awhile so she was our "resident tour guide" for the day!!! She took us to see many places even I had never been. I can not believe how HUGE Macys store really is. I've heard about it, but since I hadn't ever gone inside before... holy cow!!! We never even made it to the top floor. It took forever just to get to the 8th floor. Yet, it was all worth it seeing the decorations throughout the place.

NYC @ Christmas time I can definitely compare it much like walking in Disney…. long day, exhausted, & feet hurting come the end!!!! However, it was a great day spent with awesome people. We even got to meet up with another good friend for dinner!!!!

So, my husband & I have a thing with the word "Believe"… so I had to take a photo of every sign that said it.









The CRAZINESS looking back from the escalator. Wall to wall people....


Chocolate HEAVEN!!!!!




Ice Rink at Bryant Park!!!!


This is our 8th Hard Rock Cafe we've been to together. Funny thing is, the closest one to us, Philadephia, neither of us have ever been to.



Wall of over 300 guitars from Gibson!!!! WOW!!!


Spotted Zakk Wyldes' Bullseye....


Did you think I wouldn't get to the Disney Store??? I wanted to purchase a Tink NYC pin, but the line was wrapped around the store. NOT waiting in another 3 hour line, just for a $7.99 pin. I can buy it on eBay since I was "officially" there now.


Holy Moly ... APPLE!!!! This store is awesome. A glass box in the middle of the street...


...and you enter by a spiral staircase and the store is all underground!!!!


The REAL piano from the BIG movie @ FAO Schwartz Toy Store… I think they said for $150,000 and you can own it!! (or $89 for a small rollup one…)


THE TREE!!!!! The 2nd reason for the whole trip!!!! Would have like to have gotten a better shot, but it was tighter than sardines....


Ice Rink in Rockefeller Center!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a great trip! Beautiful photos!! NYC is one place I have never been, but would like too.

    ReplyDelete